stolen iphone

My daughter had two iPhones stolen. I am getting messages that I must remove find the devices from find iPhone as the motherboard will be sold and any personal information is available to the purchaser. I could not remove these from find iPhone if I wanted to because my daughter is off the grid and I don’t have her password.

how seriously should I take this threat?

I have screenshots of the message. It reads:

Your old iPhone has been disassembled, the camera and LCD have been sold, the motherboard has been jailbroken, you do not want to take it back, because it does not belong to the law of the United States, your apple id is still bound on it, it has opened apple pay, and wait for the information of the bank bill after a month! This number is a one-off, you will never be able to reach me !!!!!

Your old iPhone has been acquired by China Galaxy Telecom. The deletion request you made was not successful, it was connected by wifi in China, and then jailbroken, still saying that waiting cannot be deleted remotely.

I'm telling you this because the motherboard of this phone is about to be auctioned off on the black market your personal information and everything about you. All of your information, including your phone number, address, everything will be cloned. Because your Apple id is attached to a credit card, we sell the motherboard to someone, maybe they'll steal your credit card,

So I'm telling you, you have to remove it from my APP. We will immediately restore factory Settings and erase all your data to avoid any loss to you. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation

Posted on Jul 26, 2023 4:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2023 4:16 PM

Those messages are from the crooks. DO NOT remove the devices from your account, or they will be able to erase the phones and use them as new. What you NEED to do is go into your account at icloud.com . Once there, use Find My to place the phones into Lost Mode (Activation Lock). They will then be useless to the crooks or anyone else.

Ignore any and all message saying your phone has been found by Apple, the police or whoever. Such message will all include a link to a fake site where they hope you'll enter your ID and password. These will also be from the crooks, hoping you'll do that so they can release the phones.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2023 4:16 PM in response to Jae300

Those messages are from the crooks. DO NOT remove the devices from your account, or they will be able to erase the phones and use them as new. What you NEED to do is go into your account at icloud.com . Once there, use Find My to place the phones into Lost Mode (Activation Lock). They will then be useless to the crooks or anyone else.

Ignore any and all message saying your phone has been found by Apple, the police or whoever. Such message will all include a link to a fake site where they hope you'll enter your ID and password. These will also be from the crooks, hoping you'll do that so they can release the phones.

stolen iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.