No microphone option for apps

On my iPhone 6, certain apps are asking me to turn on the microphone. When I go into settings to turn the microphone on, there aren't any toggles for any apps (under the menu in the Settings app called "Microphone" and on the app's permissions). Not even the names of the apps are listed under the Microphone menu.

Earlier iPhone models

Posted on Jul 26, 2023 5:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2023 5:26 PM

moosh242 Said:

"No microphone option for apps: On my iPhone 6, certain apps are asking me to turn on the microphone. When I go into settings to turn the microphone on, there aren't any toggles for any apps (under the menu in the Settings app called 'Microphone' and on the app's permissions). Not even the names of the apps are listed under the Microphone menu."

-------

Allowing Access to the Microphone:

A. Adding the App:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Privacy & Security
  3. Tap: a listed app so that is green.

B. See this Link: Control Access to Hardware Features on iPhone - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2023 5:26 PM in response to moosh242

moosh242 Said:

"No microphone option for apps: On my iPhone 6, certain apps are asking me to turn on the microphone. When I go into settings to turn the microphone on, there aren't any toggles for any apps (under the menu in the Settings app called 'Microphone' and on the app's permissions). Not even the names of the apps are listed under the Microphone menu."

-------

Allowing Access to the Microphone:

A. Adding the App:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Privacy & Security
  3. Tap: a listed app so that is green.

B. See this Link: Control Access to Hardware Features on iPhone - Apple Support

No microphone option for apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.