“Find My” turns on when I log in

I have all location services disabled on my iPhone and iPad, including “find my iPhone” and “find my iPad.” Both devices have every individual location service as well as overall location services disabled. I also have all my cloud services disabled and I’m logged out of my Apple ID 99% percent of the time. I only log into my ID if I need to download an app, then I log back out. But I have noticed that when I log in, “find my iPad/iPhone” turns on, and it stays on unless I manually turn it off, despite the fact that I still have location services turned off. Is that normal? Why is it happening?

iPad (8th generation)

Posted on Jul 26, 2023 6:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2024 4:00 PM

"Find My" is a built-in app on iPhone that helps you locate your device if it's lost or stolen. If you notice that "Find My" automatically turns on every time you log into your device, it could be due to your iCloud settings.

Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot this issue:

• Check iCloud Settings:
    • Open the "Settings" app on your iPhone.
    • Tap on your name at the top, which leads to "Apple ID, iCloud, iTunes & App Store."
    • Tap on "iCloud."
    • Scroll down until you see "Find My."
    • Tap on "Find My" and then "Find My iPhone."
    • If "Find My iPhone" is toggled on, toggle it off.
  • Check Family Sharing Settings:
    • If you're part of a Family Sharing group, your device might be set up to share your location with your family. To check this, go to Settings > [your name] > Family Sharing > Location Sharing and see if it's enabled. If so, you can choose to disable it.
  • Restart Your iPhone:
    • After making changes, it's a good idea to restart your device. You can do this by holding down the power button until you see "slide to power off," then slide to power off. After your device is off, press and hold the power button again until you see the Apple logo.

If none of these steps resolves the issue, you might be experiencing a more complex problem that requires assistance from Apple Support. If you continue to have problems with "Find My" turning on by itself, you may want to contact them directly.

Remember, turning off "Find My" will make it more difficult to locate your device if it's lost or stolen, so only turn it off if you're sure it's the best option for you. It's generally recommended to keep "Find My" turned on for your own security.

Thanks!

[Edited by Moderator]

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2024 4:00 PM in response to NoMachines

"Find My" is a built-in app on iPhone that helps you locate your device if it's lost or stolen. If you notice that "Find My" automatically turns on every time you log into your device, it could be due to your iCloud settings.

Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot this issue:

• Check iCloud Settings:
    • Open the "Settings" app on your iPhone.
    • Tap on your name at the top, which leads to "Apple ID, iCloud, iTunes & App Store."
    • Tap on "iCloud."
    • Scroll down until you see "Find My."
    • Tap on "Find My" and then "Find My iPhone."
    • If "Find My iPhone" is toggled on, toggle it off.
  • Check Family Sharing Settings:
    • If you're part of a Family Sharing group, your device might be set up to share your location with your family. To check this, go to Settings > [your name] > Family Sharing > Location Sharing and see if it's enabled. If so, you can choose to disable it.
  • Restart Your iPhone:
    • After making changes, it's a good idea to restart your device. You can do this by holding down the power button until you see "slide to power off," then slide to power off. After your device is off, press and hold the power button again until you see the Apple logo.

If none of these steps resolves the issue, you might be experiencing a more complex problem that requires assistance from Apple Support. If you continue to have problems with "Find My" turning on by itself, you may want to contact them directly.

Remember, turning off "Find My" will make it more difficult to locate your device if it's lost or stolen, so only turn it off if you're sure it's the best option for you. It's generally recommended to keep "Find My" turned on for your own security.

Thanks!

[Edited by Moderator]

“Find My” turns on when I log in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.