AirPods Max Noise Cancellation Hurting my Ears just minutes after putting them on

(These are Brand New AirPods Max’s) I just got these for my birthday and they are starting to hurt my ears just a few minutes after wearing them with noise cancellation on. Ive tried taking them off for a bit and then putting them back on a few minutes later to give my ears a break, but nothing has worked so far. Anyone have any tips to help with this?

AirPods Max

Posted on Jul 26, 2023 9:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2023 9:54 PM

Programmed Said:

"AirPods Max Noise Cancellation Hurting my Ears just minutes after putting them on: (These are Brand New AirPods Max’s) I just got these for my birthday and they are starting to hurt my ears just a few minutes after wearing them with noise cancellation on. Ive tried taking them off for a bit and then putting them back on a few minutes later to give my ears a break, but nothing has worked so far. Anyone have any tips to help with this?"

-------

Verify these are Genuine AirPods:

1. Get the Serial Number: Find the Serial Number of your AirPods - Apple Support
  2. Enter the Serial Number here: Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support
  3. View the Results: If all shows up as an AirPod, then you are fine. If not, then these are fake, and you should request a return.

Troubleshooting Hurting Ears with Do Not Disturb:

How exactly are they hurting? If you feel extreme pain, then maybe seeking medial assistance from your doctor would be best. If they are ringing, then just let them sit aside. Take these back to the seller, by returning it.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2023 9:54 PM in response to Programmed

Programmed Said:

"AirPods Max Noise Cancellation Hurting my Ears just minutes after putting them on: (These are Brand New AirPods Max’s) I just got these for my birthday and they are starting to hurt my ears just a few minutes after wearing them with noise cancellation on. Ive tried taking them off for a bit and then putting them back on a few minutes later to give my ears a break, but nothing has worked so far. Anyone have any tips to help with this?"

-------

Verify these are Genuine AirPods:

1. Get the Serial Number: Find the Serial Number of your AirPods - Apple Support
  2. Enter the Serial Number here: Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support
  3. View the Results: If all shows up as an AirPod, then you are fine. If not, then these are fake, and you should request a return.

Troubleshooting Hurting Ears with Do Not Disturb:

How exactly are they hurting? If you feel extreme pain, then maybe seeking medial assistance from your doctor would be best. If they are ringing, then just let them sit aside. Take these back to the seller, by returning it.

Jul 27, 2023 12:37 PM in response to Programmed

Programmed Said:

"AirPods Max Noise Cancellation Hurting my Ears just minutes after putting them on: Ive used the websites given and they are genuine. They are hurting inside my ear and making a sharp pain.

———-

Return these to the Seller. You should not be having pain from AirPods just laying inside your ear. Trim hair, and that may assist with this. Above all, contact your doctor, seeing if this is of high risk.

AirPods Max Noise Cancellation Hurting my Ears just minutes after putting them on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.