Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Magic Mouse will not connect

The Magic Mouse stop working due to discharged battery. It is recharged but will not connect to my MacBook pro.

MacBook Pro (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Jul 26, 2023 10:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2023 10:18 PM

Let the Magic Mouse charge for a while. Then disconnect it from the adapter or USB port and switch it off.

Then go to your Bluetooth settings on the Mac and see if the Mouse is still in the list.

If yes, switch on the Mouse and double right click the Mouse. You might have to do that a couple of times.

This should connect the Mouse automatically, I just verified that on my MacBook Pro, using my Magic Mouse, which also has the lighting connector.

If this does not work, remove the Mouse from the list again and try to pair it without using the USB cable.

Your Magic Mouse should be shown at the bottom of the list as ready to pair to your MacBook Pro.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2023 10:18 PM in response to crp2

Let the Magic Mouse charge for a while. Then disconnect it from the adapter or USB port and switch it off.

Then go to your Bluetooth settings on the Mac and see if the Mouse is still in the list.

If yes, switch on the Mouse and double right click the Mouse. You might have to do that a couple of times.

This should connect the Mouse automatically, I just verified that on my MacBook Pro, using my Magic Mouse, which also has the lighting connector.

If this does not work, remove the Mouse from the list again and try to pair it without using the USB cable.

Your Magic Mouse should be shown at the bottom of the list as ready to pair to your MacBook Pro.

Magic Mouse will not connect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.