all cards from my wallet suddenly shared with my wife

My wife just showed me that all my active an 160 old cards suddenly came up in her wallet. We have family sharing of my iCloud+ account, but our phones have separate Apple-ID's, and I have definitely not sat down and shared every single card from my phone with her.

What can I do to remove them and ensure that more cards are not shared.

I should add that my Apple Pay creditcard is not shared, even though it is also in the wallet somehow.

Both running latest versions of IOS (16.5 or thereabout)

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Jul 27, 2023 5:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2023 1:52 AM

Dear Kim

Did you manage to resolve this? I have the exact same issue and cannot work out how this happened. It seems to be connected with turning on family sharing but I can’t work out why or how to reverse it.

15 replies

Jul 27, 2023 9:17 AM in response to Kim Gammelgård

I’m not sure you’re aware of this, but are you sharing the passes, tickets, reservations etc with your spouse. Most of those items can be shared. If she had the expired passes hidden on her iPhone she might have never seen them before and then View Expired Passes became visible. These passes can be hidden again in her Wallet app.

But according to Apple security and privacy articles those items are not stored in iCloud. So, what you think is the causation, is just a coincidence.

Jul 27, 2023 12:33 PM in response to Jeff Donald

Dear Jeff, I do not share the items that popped up with my wife, including my company insurance card. It has never occurred before.

They suddenly appeared in her app sometime in the last two weeks and I have not seen any documentation why it should happen that a checkin to a hotel in 2013 came to her phone then, and why one of my frequent flyer cards is not on her phone but only on mine, I just realised.

The expired passes are of course hidden in the expired cards-stack, but it clearly states that they are there and opening it, you will find all my wallet contents from the past 10 years. It seems that you don't use Wallet at all, the way you answer?

If you think that it is just a coincidence, I don't think you should be answering the question, as you do not seem to have any useful answer.

I think it is fine to ask into a question to see if it is something simple, but if you don't know, you shouldn't be pretending to resolve an issue by saying that it is "just a coincidence".

I didn't come here for non-answers, sorry.

Jul 27, 2023 6:09 AM in response to Jeff Donald

She has an iPhone 11 updated to newest available IOS. I have about 8 active cards and about 160 inactive old cards. It certainly is possible to have that many archived cards, and it came in handy some time ago when I had to look up a hotel I had been staying at.

But why they suddenly turn up on her phone too is beyond my understanding of family sharing. I had turned iCloud sharing of my wallet, but only for my own devices, certainly not for family sharing.

Jul 27, 2023 6:22 AM in response to Jeff Donald

Yes, we are talking about the Apple Wallet app. it has 1 Apple Pay credit card and 5 active cards, of which 4 are mine and 185 expired cards, a mixture of her and mine.

Why my cards - also using Apple Wallet - are suddenly on her phone is the mystery. I also have my cards about 10 active - so not all have synchronised - and 162 expired cards. It has happened within the past couple of weeks.

Jul 27, 2023 7:29 AM in response to Jeff Donald

Jeff, I am sorry, I don't need an explanation how to delete my old reservations and passes. I already know how to do that and I have found out that it actually makes sense to keep my old reservations handy for later.

What I need, is a solution so that my personal cards, reservations, or whatever do not appear in the Wallet app of my wife and an explanation how this could even happen, in order to avoid it happening again.

I should not have asked how to remove cards, I already know how to do that manually, but I don't know how to automatically reverse the process, so that they suddenly disappear from my wife's telephone again.

This is not a basic question, I am afraid. If you find a setting or a smart feature, please let me know.

all cards from my wallet suddenly shared with my wife

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.