Resetting Apple watch

It says this: ⬆️⬆️. i logged out on my old iPhone so I could pair my Apple Watch with my new one. It asked me for my Apple ID and password but I for got both and there is no option for me to reset it. Now I can’t use my Apple Watch until I pair it successfully. Please respond ASAP

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Jul 27, 2023 6:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2023 7:43 AM

From what you say, you had successfully paired the Watch with your old iPhone (i.e., you are the "previous owner"), so this simply appears to be a case of you having forgotten your account information.

This article tells you the various ways you can try to discover your forgotten Apple ID --> If you forgot your Apple ID email address or phone number - Apple Support Typically an Apple ID is an email address you have used. If you are currently using a mobile device that is logged into your account, go to Settings and tap your name at the top. Look in Keychain, and in a browser's security settings if you use it to automatically sign into Apple when using a browser.

This article outlines what to do If you forgot your Apple ID password --> If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

or go directly to this link --> http://iforgot.apple.com/

If you find you can’t sign in, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery (read this support article: How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support ) to regain access to your account. Account recovery might take a few days or longer, depending on the specific account information you can provide to verify your identity.

If you still need help:

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security "This article provides country-specific Apple Support contact information for customers seeking help with their Apple ID password or other security-related issues." Click here --> Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2023 7:43 AM in response to Kittykat12z

From what you say, you had successfully paired the Watch with your old iPhone (i.e., you are the "previous owner"), so this simply appears to be a case of you having forgotten your account information.

This article tells you the various ways you can try to discover your forgotten Apple ID --> If you forgot your Apple ID email address or phone number - Apple Support Typically an Apple ID is an email address you have used. If you are currently using a mobile device that is logged into your account, go to Settings and tap your name at the top. Look in Keychain, and in a browser's security settings if you use it to automatically sign into Apple when using a browser.

This article outlines what to do If you forgot your Apple ID password --> If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

or go directly to this link --> http://iforgot.apple.com/

If you find you can’t sign in, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery (read this support article: How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support ) to regain access to your account. Account recovery might take a few days or longer, depending on the specific account information you can provide to verify your identity.

If you still need help:

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security "This article provides country-specific Apple Support contact information for customers seeking help with their Apple ID password or other security-related issues." Click here --> Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

Jul 27, 2023 7:19 AM in response to Kittykat12z

You must contact the seller (hopefully it is the previous owner), otherwise you have been scammed.

Each Apple device is linked/associated with an Apple ID of the person who did the setup.

Activation Lock prevents anyone who is not the owner from using this Apple Watch.

To unlock the Watch, you need the Apple ID and password of the previous owner, that were used during set up.

So you have to contact the previous owner.

The previous owner has to read -> this Apple article: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else - Apple Support (IE)

Then the previous owner has to remove the Apple Watch from his account, see this Apple article:

Check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in

Check your Apple ID device list to find where you're signed in - Apple Support

Then you can pair the Apple Watch with your iPhone.

See the following Apple articles:

About Activation Lock on your Apple Watch

About Activation Lock on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

How to remove Activation Lock -> How to remove Activation Lock – Apple Support (UK)

You can also contact Apple support for help, -> Get Support (apple.com)

You have to show proof of ownership of your product, provide all documentation showing your purchase of the device.

If you do not have additional proof of ownership, contact the reseller. They may be able to provide the original purchase document.

Once Apple receive your proof of ownership, Apple will further review your request and provide an update.

See also Keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device

Keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device – Apple Support (UK)

-----

Ask your money back if possible, perhaps you have bought a stolen Apple Watch.

If you can't get in touch with the previous owner / seller, you can't use the Apple Watch.

Resetting Apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.