You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ghost Screenshots While Using Apps and Internet Browsers

Macbook Pro Ventura 13.3.1

While browsing the internet and using apps, the screenshot mechanics occur without any input. The screen flashes, a white border around the screen occurs. My screen flashes. The events are identical as if I were to initiate a screenshot myself. This happens when I am casually browsing the internet or using apps. There is no notification that a screenshot occurs and no screenshot is available in Finder to view in Preview.

A similar thing occurs while using my iPhone

iPhone 11 Pro iOS 16.1.1

While using apps on my iPhone, my screen flashes as if a screenshot were occurring. No screenshot is added to my photo library. This happens when I search using Safari.

There is a problem with ghost screenshots and screen monitoring on my Macbook Pro and iPhone. I am concerned these are illegal activities from hackers/parties operating illegally OR an illegal Artificial Intelligence program. These problems are 1) a potential invasion of privacy 2) physically and mentally disorienting.

Ghost screenshots on web browsers and apps are causing harm to my physical and mental health.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.3

Posted on Jul 27, 2023 7:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2023 8:15 AM

PJJJ55 wrote:

While browsing the internet and using apps, the screenshot mechanics occur without any input. The screen flashes, a white border around the screen occurs. My screen flashes. The events are identical as if I were to initiate a screenshot myself. This happens when I am casually browsing the internet or using apps. There is no notification that a screenshot occurs and no screenshot is available in Finder to view in Preview.

iPhone 11 Pro iOS 16.1.1
While using apps on my iPhone, my screen flashes as if a screenshot were occurring. No screenshot is added to my photo library. This happens when I search using Safari.

There is a problem with ghost screenshots and screen monitoring on my Macbook Pro and iPhone. I am concerned these are illegal activities from hackers/parties operating illegally OR an illegal Artificial Intelligence program. These problems are 1) a potential invasion of privacy 2) physically and mentally disorienting.

Ghost screenshots on web browsers and apps are causing harm to my physical and mental health.

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.5

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Update your iDevice - The current stable release of iOS including bug fixes, security updates is iOS 16.6

Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 27, 2023 8:15 AM in response to PJJJ55

PJJJ55 wrote:

iPhone 11 Pro iOS 16.1.1

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.5

Update your iDevice - The current stable release of iOS including bug fixes, security updates is iOS 16.6

Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Ghost Screenshots While Using Apps and Internet Browsers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.