Why don’t I have the share button on notes at the top right corner? How do I get that?

I don’t have the button at the top right and I want it there. Why can’t I have collaborators with notes. I can see shared notes that people share with me but I don’t have them on my phone.

Maggie’s iPhone

Posted on Jul 27, 2023 7:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2023 8:35 AM

Go to the Folders page in Notes. You should see a section for each account you have notes synced with. On mine, I have notes synced to iCloud and to Gmail:

The notes will behave differently depending on what type of account you have them synced to. Notes synced to Gmail have the sharing icon in the bottom center. They will also not have the Collaborate option. I believe this to be the case for any notes other than those synced to iCloud.

iCloud notes will have the sharing icon in the upper right and will give you the option to collaborate.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2023 8:35 AM in response to Idrkwhattoput

Go to the Folders page in Notes. You should see a section for each account you have notes synced with. On mine, I have notes synced to iCloud and to Gmail:

The notes will behave differently depending on what type of account you have them synced to. Notes synced to Gmail have the sharing icon in the bottom center. They will also not have the Collaborate option. I believe this to be the case for any notes other than those synced to iCloud.

iCloud notes will have the sharing icon in the upper right and will give you the option to collaborate.

Why don’t I have the share button on notes at the top right corner? How do I get that?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.