Unable to sign in with apple ID on mac

I have purchased a new Macbook Air and am unable to sign in with my apple ID. I am able to sign in and out of my apple ID on my iPhone with no issue. I am using the exact same password and email as username. Everytime i try and sign into my apple ID via the "Settings" on Macbook Air it just keeps taking me back to the sign in screen, there's no error message or reason provided as to why it didn't accept my login credentials.

I've tried to do this multiple times over the past few months but it won't let me log in. I've clicked "Forgot password" and changed my apple ID password a few times, but no matter what I do, I can't log in with Apple ID on my computer. All software updates are current and I have no other issues/ problems with the Macbook Air.

Any advice?

Brettney’s MacBook Air

Posted on Jul 27, 2023 8:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2023 8:34 AM

I have the same problem and booted into Safe mode, but still can't sign in using my Mac using my Apple ID password.

11 replies

Jul 28, 2023 12:45 AM in response to brett2090

Try to boot the Mac in the safe mode and login from there to see if the issue is persisting

Start up your Mac with Apple silicon in safe mode

1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > Shut Down.
  2. Wait for your Mac to shut down completely. A Mac is completely shut down when the screen is black and any lights (including in the Touch Bar) are off.
  3. Press and hold the power button on your Mac until “Loading startup options” appears.
  4. Select a volume.
  5. Press and hold the Shift key, then click Continue in Safe Mode.
  6. The computer restarts automatically. When the login window appears, you should see “Safe Boot” in the menu bar.

Unable to sign in with apple ID on mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.