Transfer Microsoft apps to a new Mac

I made a one-time purchase for Microsoft apps such as Word, Excel,... on my Mac for a year. Now, I would like to buy a new Mac, do I have to buy a new one-time purchase for them again?

Haileyogn

Posted on Jul 27, 2023 10:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2023 12:03 AM

Do you mean that you bought a one-time purchase version of Microsoft Office a year ago? Or that you took out a one-year subscription to Microsoft 365?

Microsoft Support – Transfer your Office license to another device or another person

You may want to check with Microsoft as to whether the version of Office that you want to transfer would work on the new Mac.

Microsoft – Microsoft 365 and Office Resources

Microsoft Support – Office 2019 for Windows and Mac FAQ

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2023 12:03 AM in response to haileyishere

Do you mean that you bought a one-time purchase version of Microsoft Office a year ago? Or that you took out a one-year subscription to Microsoft 365?

Microsoft Support – Transfer your Office license to another device or another person

You may want to check with Microsoft as to whether the version of Office that you want to transfer would work on the new Mac.

Microsoft – Microsoft 365 and Office Resources

Microsoft Support – Office 2019 for Windows and Mac FAQ

Transfer Microsoft apps to a new Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.