Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to edit Monoscopic VR180 in final cut pro

Hi, I would like to use a fisheye lens and record a video and edit it on Final Cut Pro on my MacBook Pro M1 for my Oculus Quest 2 to watch it in 180 2D mode.

I know there are a lot of 180 3D vr videos on youtube, but I am only interested in 2D Monoscopic

Does anyone know the workflow for the editing of 180 Monoscopic 2D fisheye videos?

Thank you

Dean

iMac 21.5″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 27, 2023 11:18 PM

1 reply

Jul 28, 2023 6:35 AM in response to DeanJustice

Apparently there's a setting for it. I've never worked with 180 Monoscopic though. 360° video settings in Final Cut Pro for Mac - Apple Support

"360° Mode settings

The 360° Mode setting indicates the type of projection used to display the clip in the Final Cut Pro viewer and 360° viewer.

• None: A standard clip (no 360° characteristics).

• Equirectangular: A 360° clip with equirectangular projection—similar to a world map that depicts the globe as a two-dimensional (2D) rectangle.

• Fisheye: A clip shot with a 180° fisheye lens.

• Back-to-Back Fisheye: A 360° video clip shot with two 180° fisheye lenses facing in opposite directions.

• Cubic: A 360° projection in which the spherical view is unfolded like a cube, with six faces surrounding the viewer. Each face is flattened as a rectilinear projection with 90 x 90 degrees of view. Cube maps are stored as six separate square textures or as a single texture with all faces unfolded."

how to edit Monoscopic VR180 in final cut pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.