upgrade my OS 10.11.6 (15G22010)

This is my current version, how can I upgrade my OS? after i have clicked on software updates. but i can't see latest OS version. Kindly advise how can do my OS version upgrade? where can I download the OS and steps to do the upgrade myself. Thanks.

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jul 28, 2023 12:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2023 12:47 AM

The early 2015 MacBook Pro is compatible with Monterey, but it is not a good idea to go from El Capitan to Monterey directly, as you will miss out on nessecary firmware updates.

What is happening if you press software update? If it shows nothing, try and download high Sierra from this link, and upgrade to high Sierra first. From high Sierra, you can upgrade to Monterey using the same link and download Monterey from there

How to download and install macOS - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2023 12:47 AM in response to TTJY

The early 2015 MacBook Pro is compatible with Monterey, but it is not a good idea to go from El Capitan to Monterey directly, as you will miss out on nessecary firmware updates.

What is happening if you press software update? If it shows nothing, try and download high Sierra from this link, and upgrade to high Sierra first. From high Sierra, you can upgrade to Monterey using the same link and download Monterey from there

How to download and install macOS - Apple Support

upgrade my OS 10.11.6 (15G22010)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.