macOS Dock x 2?

Can the Dock appear in more than one place at a time on a Mac?

I have three 32" monitors, side-by-side, so often, while viewing the left-side monitor for an extended period, I miss alerts/flags in the Dock, which appears on the right edge of the right-side monitor. Of course, moving the Dock to the left monitor will just reverse the problem.

Having the Dock on the outer edge of the outer monitors might be a good thing, eh?

(Since this system doesn't provide my specific device, I'll note that it is a late-2013 Mac Pro, yes on Monterey, but I'm aiming for a Mac Studio in the near future, where the issue would still stand. (Unless it doesn't 'cuz Ventura has the solution…))

Earlier Mac models

Posted on Jul 28, 2023 7:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2023 8:19 AM

FWIW, you can send Apple feedback about your desire to have the Dock show on all screens. If enough people do so, who knows.

Feedback - macOS - Apple

Similar questions

8 replies

Jul 29, 2023 8:05 AM in response to Yer_Man

Thanks, Yer_Man.

I'm giving uBar a try, though I've had to inquire with them about the setup I'm looking for: a dock on the left side of the left-side monitor, a dock on the right side of the right-side monitor, and no dock on the middle monitor. So far, I seem to get either a single dock in a location of my choosing or, if mirroring is invoked, a dock on each monitor, but all in the same relative position, and I don't really want to chew into my middle monitor by, say, putting the docs at the bottom.

Wish me luck…

macOS Dock x 2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.