how to find one of my app specific PW's

How to I find an app specifc PW so I can copy and paste it?

Posted on Jul 28, 2023 11:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2023 11:08 AM

Hi there wwolfe01,

If you do not know a certain app-specific password and you cannot view it on the Apple ID site, it will need to be revoked so a new password can be generated. These steps from Sign in to apps with your Apple ID using app-specific passwords (that you've already looked over) show how to do this:

How to revoke an app-specific password
You can have up to 25 active app-specific passwords. If you need to, you can revoke passwords individually or all at once.
1. Sign in to appleid.apple.com.
2. In the Sign-In and Security section, select App-Specific Passwords.
3. Select the Remove button A minus sign inside of a circle. next to a password you want to delete, or Revoke All.
After you revoke a password, the app using that password will be signed out of your account until you generate a new password and sign in again.

Once the password is revoked, follow the 'How to generate an app-specific password' section of that article next to create a new password.

If you are trying to accomplish something else, please provide more details so that we can continue to assist.

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2023 11:08 AM in response to wwolfe01

Hi there wwolfe01,

If you do not know a certain app-specific password and you cannot view it on the Apple ID site, it will need to be revoked so a new password can be generated. These steps from Sign in to apps with your Apple ID using app-specific passwords (that you've already looked over) show how to do this:

How to revoke an app-specific password
You can have up to 25 active app-specific passwords. If you need to, you can revoke passwords individually or all at once.
1. Sign in to appleid.apple.com.
2. In the Sign-In and Security section, select App-Specific Passwords.
3. Select the Remove button A minus sign inside of a circle. next to a password you want to delete, or Revoke All.
After you revoke a password, the app using that password will be signed out of your account until you generate a new password and sign in again.

Once the password is revoked, follow the 'How to generate an app-specific password' section of that article next to create a new password.

If you are trying to accomplish something else, please provide more details so that we can continue to assist.

Cheers!

how to find one of my app specific PW's

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.