Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

How can I monitor my child's text messages with family sharing enabled and different apple id

my apple ID on my ipad is different from the one on my kids phones, how can I see their text messages. I have family sharing enabled.

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Jul 28, 2023 12:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2023 12:31 PM

Ask the child to show you their messages. It is not possible to remotely monitor a child's messages. You have to view them on a device that is signed into the child's account—usually the child's device itself. To ensure you have access to the child's device you should configure parental controls (Screen Time) with a passcode that only you know, and select options to prevent your child from changing the account information and device access passcode. The procedure for doing this is outlined in the support article:

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Passcode Changes: Prevent changes to the passcode

Account Changes: Prevent account changes in Accounts & Passwords

Typically you might do this as part of initial account configuration when setting up a child's account. Create an Apple ID for your child - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2023 12:31 PM in response to abscanabs

Ask the child to show you their messages. It is not possible to remotely monitor a child's messages. You have to view them on a device that is signed into the child's account—usually the child's device itself. To ensure you have access to the child's device you should configure parental controls (Screen Time) with a passcode that only you know, and select options to prevent your child from changing the account information and device access passcode. The procedure for doing this is outlined in the support article:

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Passcode Changes: Prevent changes to the passcode

Account Changes: Prevent account changes in Accounts & Passwords

Typically you might do this as part of initial account configuration when setting up a child's account. Create an Apple ID for your child - Apple Support

How can I monitor my child's text messages with family sharing enabled and different apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.