Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Related Article: If your Apple ID is locked or disabled

Lost phone

My grandson lost his phone and can not log into his Apple id because he can not remember his password?

We know the area where he lost it, but he can not use FIND my phone and Apple tells me it will contact me in 3 weeks to reset it. Three weeks really??

iPhone SE (2nd generation)

Posted on Jul 28, 2023 4:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2023 5:00 PM

This support article has a list of things to do if your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen. --> If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

It sounds like you are using account recovery. From: How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

"In some cases, you might be able to speed up the account recovery process or reset your password immediately by verifying a six-digit code sent to your primary email address. You might also be able to shorten the wait time by providing credit-card details to confirm your identity. If you’re given this option, an authorization request goes to the card issuer." - see the document for more details.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2023 5:00 PM in response to Ukkie68

This support article has a list of things to do if your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen. --> If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

It sounds like you are using account recovery. From: How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

"In some cases, you might be able to speed up the account recovery process or reset your password immediately by verifying a six-digit code sent to your primary email address. You might also be able to shorten the wait time by providing credit-card details to confirm your identity. If you’re given this option, an authorization request goes to the card issuer." - see the document for more details.

Lost phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.