I'm looking for a personal finance app for my desktop computer

Looking for a personal finance app for my desktop computer to track banking, loans and investments. have been using iBank for many years but need to upgrade. I liked having the ability to scan receipts and attach pdf files to each entry so would like to find something that has that capability.

I have tried Bantivity and Moneydance so far but did not like them. Does anyone have any suggestions?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone SE (3rd generation)

Posted on Jul 29, 2023 1:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2023 3:30 PM

Third recommendation for Quicken Deluxe. I’ve used Quicken for over 20 years in various versions. The current version is the best yet on my opinion. It is pretty much feature compatible with the Windows version.

6 replies

Jul 29, 2023 1:48 PM in response to stephen492

I've beeb using Quicken Deluxe for Mac for a number of years to track several credit card accounts, 2 checking and saving accounts. QD has the capability of automatically downloading transactions from those accounts. I use that feature on duplicate accounts to compare my manual entering of transactions to that of the bank's. My manual account is always more current than the automatic one but gives me a look at what's coming thru.

QD will also let you pay bills online with their service but I prefer to go to my bank's site and manually setup payments. It has an easy to use reconcile statement system.

QD is a subscription service but you can opt out of the subscription is you'd like. However, in the 3 years I've had the subscription version I've had over 10 updates with new features and bug fixes.

I don't have any experience with any of the other apps so can't do a comparison. It should be able to import your data file for your accounts and transitions.

Jul 30, 2023 2:23 PM in response to Old Toad

Does QD have the ability to attach a pdf file to each transaction? In my iBank program I can attach an image of a receipt or other document to the transaction which is handy if you want to go back and look at a detail. Also I don't have to keep a paper receipt, but if necessary I could print it out and go back to the store with it. file attachment is a convenient feature.

I'm looking for a personal finance app for my desktop computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.