Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Rebooting MacBook air

Need help fully rebooting my MacBook air laptop

Posted on Jul 29, 2023 3:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2023 4:09 PM

With no detail about which model (year) of MacBook Air, or which version of MacOS, I have to make a wild guess it is one of the more recent versions (I am less familiar with older versions). Try the  menu (top left corner of the screen) and look of the Shut Down or Restart menu entries.

If your MacBook will not shut down from the menu you might have to be less diplomatic with it. Press and hold the power button until it shuts down (usually 10-15 seconds is enough). Then press again to power up and restart.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2023 4:09 PM in response to brittandjordan21

With no detail about which model (year) of MacBook Air, or which version of MacOS, I have to make a wild guess it is one of the more recent versions (I am less familiar with older versions). Try the  menu (top left corner of the screen) and look of the Shut Down or Restart menu entries.

If your MacBook will not shut down from the menu you might have to be less diplomatic with it. Press and hold the power button until it shuts down (usually 10-15 seconds is enough). Then press again to power up and restart.

Jul 29, 2023 5:20 PM in response to brittandjordan21

brittandjordan21 Said:

"Rebooting MacBook air: Need help fully rebooting my MacBook air laptop"

-------

Promptly Rebooting a Mac:

Use Force Quit...:

Is an application not responding? If so, quit the app. If you cannot do so, then use "Force Quit..."

To Get to Force Quit...

Use: [command + tab]:

Try holding down command key and then keep tapping the tab key, until Finder (the smileyface) is selected. Next, use Force Quit: Go To: Apple () Menu > Select Force Quit... > Select any app(s) ending with "(Not Responding...)" > Click "Force Quit"

Rebooting MacBook air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.