New version of adobe photoshop elements

I have an older version of Adobe Photoshop Elements on my MacBook. I would like to install a newer version. Should I uninstall the old version first?

MacBook Air, macOS 12.6

Posted on Jul 29, 2023 6:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2023 7:06 PM

debbeck Said:

"New version of adobe photoshop elements: I have an older version of Adobe Photoshop Elements on my MacBook. I would like to install a newer version. Should I uninstall the old version first?"

-------

Installing a New App Version:

If you have the newer version, then you can uninstall it, if you like. Elsewise, having both is just fine. If it is an upgrade version, however, then it will overwrite that is there, and no uninstall would be needed.

Time Machine Backup:

Important: Create a Time Machine backup of your Mac, so that you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the uninstall. Once upgrading, you cannot get your original purchase back, unless you have a backup to restore form.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2023 7:06 PM in response to debbeck

debbeck Said:

"New version of adobe photoshop elements: I have an older version of Adobe Photoshop Elements on my MacBook. I would like to install a newer version. Should I uninstall the old version first?"

-------

Installing a New App Version:

If you have the newer version, then you can uninstall it, if you like. Elsewise, having both is just fine. If it is an upgrade version, however, then it will overwrite that is there, and no uninstall would be needed.

Time Machine Backup:

Important: Create a Time Machine backup of your Mac, so that you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the uninstall. Once upgrading, you cannot get your original purchase back, unless you have a backup to restore form.

New version of adobe photoshop elements

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.