Coming soon: Apple Event on 9/9 at 10 a.m. PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar Alert Sound Not Changing

Calendar alert tone cannot be changed on my phone. No matter what tone I select it plays the same one.

Iphone 12 with IOS 16. Has a solution been found yet?

Posted on Jul 30, 2023 7:51 AM

2 replies

Aug 17, 2023 9:21 PM in response to SpatiumTemporis

Similar issues with my iPhone SE3 iOS 16, as well as my previous iPhone SE2. I can change the sound in Settings>Sounds >Calendar Alert and Settings>Notifications>Calendar>Sounds/Customize Notifications and most newer Calendar Events will begin using the new sound, but older events still use original sound settings from a few years ago.

This problem persists in spite of multiple efforts such as turning notifications off then on again after rebooting, etc. It didn't even correct after a full Reset!

When I got my new phone and transferred/recovered from backup, the issue apparently transferred along with my data and settings!

The problem has been occurring for over a couple years now; really frustrating that it still hasn't been fixed.

Calendar Alert Sound Not Changing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.