Is transparency mode on beats fit pro good for listening to live concerts

I’m hearing impaired. I’m hoping to use beats fit pro buds to help protect my hearing at rock concerts while still hearing the music clearly. Passive plugs sound terrible and muffled and need a better solution. Thanks

iPhone 5s, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 30, 2023 1:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2023 1:23 PM

As I'm sure you are already aware, transparency mode allows external sound to enter into the Beats Earbuds. They don't amplify this sound, so in theory, it would be similar to not having them in your ears at all ... maybe a slight reduction of sound.

It's certainly worth a try, but you will need to be the judge if they will work for how you want to use them.

Should they do not, Apple still provides a 14-day (from the purchase date) to return them.

Alternately, you can wait for others here, who have used them in this fashion, to chime in to provide their personal experience with them.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2023 1:23 PM in response to JimiJamesII

As I'm sure you are already aware, transparency mode allows external sound to enter into the Beats Earbuds. They don't amplify this sound, so in theory, it would be similar to not having them in your ears at all ... maybe a slight reduction of sound.

It's certainly worth a try, but you will need to be the judge if they will work for how you want to use them.

Should they do not, Apple still provides a 14-day (from the purchase date) to return them.

Alternately, you can wait for others here, who have used them in this fashion, to chime in to provide their personal experience with them.

Is transparency mode on beats fit pro good for listening to live concerts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.