Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

App Specific Passwords

I am trying to create an app specific password which I’ve easily done many times before, but today keep getting this pop up - and it’s unclear what I am supposed to do next. This has never happened before.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Jul 30, 2023 2:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2023 5:51 PM

It's an issue with Safari. The same issue happened to me using Safari on a Mac. I had o use another browser (Firefox) to be able to create the app-specific password without the error message you showed. I suspect that using a PC Windows would work as well.

In any case, I did a test on an iPhone with Safari and Google Chrome (another web browser) and both failed. I imagine that using another browser on your iPad will be equally unsuccessful.

Try to find a Mac or a PC Windows to create your app-specific password on appleid.apple.com.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2023 5:51 PM in response to dennyup

It's an issue with Safari. The same issue happened to me using Safari on a Mac. I had o use another browser (Firefox) to be able to create the app-specific password without the error message you showed. I suspect that using a PC Windows would work as well.

In any case, I did a test on an iPhone with Safari and Google Chrome (another web browser) and both failed. I imagine that using another browser on your iPad will be equally unsuccessful.

Try to find a Mac or a PC Windows to create your app-specific password on appleid.apple.com.

App Specific Passwords

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.