Why did you Deleted offline album "PhotoStream" Album off my devices ?

I was aware the PhotoStream service was discontinued in favour of the iCloud Photos system I loath. I assumed by logic that it would stop uploading/downloading/ sharing between my devices using the PhotoStream. However I WAS NOT AWARE THAT THE PHOTOSTREAM OFFLINE ALBUM WOULD BE DELETED. I have autism and the whole removaal of the feature was vague, and now I have lost photos that were stored offline on devices in the PhotoStream Album , i chose to keep offline on specific devices. I wasnt told You would actively delete the Album in the removal of the Photostream feature/service. I am angry..

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 2:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 5:56 AM

Hello Zanaelf,

If you were using My Photo Stream, you should've received an email notifying you the service would be discontinued - Information about the My Photo Stream shutdown - Apple Support.

My Photo Stream is scheduled to be shut down on July 26, 2023. As part of this transition, new photo uploads to My Photo Stream from your devices will stop one month before, on June 26, 2023. Any photos uploaded to the service before that date will remain in iCloud for 30 days from the date of upload and will be available to any of your devices where My Photo Stream is currently enabled. By July 26, 2023, there will be no photos remaining in My Photo Stream, and the service will be shut down. 

The documentation isn't vague and was pretty clear the service would be shut down and photos would not longer be uploaded or remain in the album.

The photos in My Photo Stream are already stored on at least one of your devices, so as long as you have the device with your originals, you won’t lose any photos as part of this process. If a photo you want isn't already in your library on a particular iPhone or iPad, make sure that you save it to your library on that device. Or, you can set up iCloud Photos. 
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2023 5:56 AM in response to Zanaelf

Hello Zanaelf,

If you were using My Photo Stream, you should've received an email notifying you the service would be discontinued - Information about the My Photo Stream shutdown - Apple Support.

My Photo Stream is scheduled to be shut down on July 26, 2023. As part of this transition, new photo uploads to My Photo Stream from your devices will stop one month before, on June 26, 2023. Any photos uploaded to the service before that date will remain in iCloud for 30 days from the date of upload and will be available to any of your devices where My Photo Stream is currently enabled. By July 26, 2023, there will be no photos remaining in My Photo Stream, and the service will be shut down. 

The documentation isn't vague and was pretty clear the service would be shut down and photos would not longer be uploaded or remain in the album.

The photos in My Photo Stream are already stored on at least one of your devices, so as long as you have the device with your originals, you won’t lose any photos as part of this process. If a photo you want isn't already in your library on a particular iPhone or iPad, make sure that you save it to your library on that device. Or, you can set up iCloud Photos. 

Aug 4, 2023 11:40 PM in response to pjswiz

“Hello Zanaelf,

If you were using My Photo Stream, you should've received an email notifying you the service would be discontinued - Information about the My Photo Stream shutdown - Apple Support.”

yes I was aware of the email , it just said the photostream service was ending and not the deletion of the deletion of the photostream album and photos in the album.

“The documentation isn't vague and was pretty clear the service would be shut down and photos would not longer be uploaded or remain in the album.”

Yes it was vague, it said the service was shutting down and not the deletion of the folder/album on my devices , only in the cloud/iCloud 😡

Why did you Deleted offline album "PhotoStream" Album off my devices ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.