how to set up my apple watch that already paired to my old iphone thats broken and i forgot the apple id and password

my apple watch is paired to my old iphone that is broken and i forgot the apple id and passcode

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 3:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 11:42 PM

Re: " i forgot the apple id and passcode"

You may have used your Apple ID and password to log-in here, and with FaceTime, Messages, iCloud etc.

You can: Enter information online to find your Apple ID: https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid

and

What to do: If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Re: "how to set up my apple watch that already paired to my old iphone thats broken"

As it is a new phone to the watch: See: How to pair your Apple Watch with a new iPhone - Apple Support

________

More info: if you haven't already, you may need to update your iPhone to the newest compatible iOS version

About iOS 16 Updates - Apple Support says iOS 16.6 is the newest

The Watch may also need to be updated to the newest Watch OS version possible, in order to connect with the phone.. You may be able to update the Watch using the phone:

If you wish:you can read the article below carefully to check the compatibility with the new phone

Eg: How to: Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

More support if needed:

Apple Watch Support webpage (info. / support / contact)

There is a "Get Support" link (scroll to the very bottom) on their webpage (link below)

Apple Watch - Official Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2023 11:42 PM in response to ania42

Re: " i forgot the apple id and passcode"

You may have used your Apple ID and password to log-in here, and with FaceTime, Messages, iCloud etc.

You can: Enter information online to find your Apple ID: https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid

and

What to do: If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Re: "how to set up my apple watch that already paired to my old iphone thats broken"

As it is a new phone to the watch: See: How to pair your Apple Watch with a new iPhone - Apple Support

________

More info: if you haven't already, you may need to update your iPhone to the newest compatible iOS version

About iOS 16 Updates - Apple Support says iOS 16.6 is the newest

The Watch may also need to be updated to the newest Watch OS version possible, in order to connect with the phone.. You may be able to update the Watch using the phone:

If you wish:you can read the article below carefully to check the compatibility with the new phone

Eg: How to: Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

More support if needed:

Apple Watch Support webpage (info. / support / contact)

There is a "Get Support" link (scroll to the very bottom) on their webpage (link below)

Apple Watch - Official Apple Support

how to set up my apple watch that already paired to my old iphone thats broken and i forgot the apple id and password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.