Why is my Apple Watch Series 6 showing this weird status message ??

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 9

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 7:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 10:10 AM

Looks like it has shut down due to excessive temperatures.

Allow it to cool then Force restart. Steps needed are found in the Apple Support article: Restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support 

i.e. press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo. 

If you've completed that troubleshooting and the issue is still not resolved, Contact Support. 

Click here > Contact - Official Apple Support  

or phone numbers  

Click here > https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201232 

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2023 10:10 AM in response to Dekurott_Jeager

Looks like it has shut down due to excessive temperatures.

Allow it to cool then Force restart. Steps needed are found in the Apple Support article: Restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support 

i.e. press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo. 

If you've completed that troubleshooting and the issue is still not resolved, Contact Support. 

Click here > Contact - Official Apple Support  

or phone numbers  

Click here > https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201232 

Aug 7, 2023 5:28 AM in response to LD150

Thank you but just a day after this message popped up my Apple Watch went full black and nothing is working but i know its still working because like went i open it i can hear its vibrating like its fully functioning but the screen went full black and I cant see anything so i contacted support and the operator Chris was very helpful but all his tricks and tips din’t seem to work so my only option is reserving a spot for servicing the watch which my wallet is not enabling me to do. If you have any suggestions for this then can you help, none the less i really appreciate you helping me on the fact that I couldn’t find this status message anywhere but you got it.

Why is my Apple Watch Series 6 showing this weird status message ??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.