How do you search for music in the itunes store on a mac?

Apparently, this is an issue that's been a problem for people for years now, judging by the similar questions in that time frame. I think one of the best threads on this isn't in the form of a question, but rather a statement, notably: There is no way to search the iTunes stor… - Apple Community

Anyway, would be great to see that there is now finally a way to overcome this deficiency.

Mac mini, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 8:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 8:12 AM

After routing around some more, I came upon an option to search for a song through itunes music. I didn't want a subscription, but I figured that -perhaps- this might be a midway step to getting the search for itunes store option back. Turns out, it was. After getting results for Itunes Music, the button to search for music through Itunes Store in the top right finally came back and I was able to switch to it. I decided to test my luck and click on "search Itunes Library", thinking that the button to search Itunes Store might once again dissapear, but it didn't. I quickly switched it back to Itunes Store to not push my luck.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2023 8:12 AM in response to Phoenyx75

After routing around some more, I came upon an option to search for a song through itunes music. I didn't want a subscription, but I figured that -perhaps- this might be a midway step to getting the search for itunes store option back. Turns out, it was. After getting results for Itunes Music, the button to search for music through Itunes Store in the top right finally came back and I was able to switch to it. I decided to test my luck and click on "search Itunes Library", thinking that the button to search Itunes Store might once again dissapear, but it didn't. I quickly switched it back to Itunes Store to not push my luck.

How do you search for music in the itunes store on a mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.