My credit card was refused because of "too many Apple IDs associated with it."

I have separate iTunes and iCloud accounts. Neither account has shown any other signs of fraudulent use. There would have been no opportunity recently to capture credentials for the card. I would like to know why this card was refused. In the meantime, I have simply tried another card successfully.

Mac mini, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 10:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 10:03 AM

You might want to Contact - Official Apple Support to get further support on this issue

3 replies

Jul 31, 2023 10:05 AM in response to Zuckerkandl

The message “too many Apple IDs associated with it” usually occurs when your credit card has been used with multiple Apple IDs within a short period. It could be due to family sharing, previous Apple IDs you might have used, or possibly an error during account setup.

To resolve this issue, you can try the following:

1. Ensure that you are using the correct Apple ID associated with the credit card for your purchases.

2. If you have multiple Apple IDs, consolidate them if possible.

3. Contact Apple Support to inquire about the specific reason for the refusal and ask for assistance in resolving the issue.

Remember, it’s always best to reach out to Apple Support directly for personalized help with your account and payment-related matters. They will be able to provide you with specific information and guide you through the resolution process.

Jul 31, 2023 12:15 PM in response to shaz420s

There are certainly times when a user should reach out to Apple, but Apple provides many account and payment related solutions in its official online support articles which are "safe". The people on this forum can quickly direct a user to those, pretty much every day all day long. If one can find a solution in them then it frequently provides a much faster resolution to an issue than being on hold with Apple. ;-)

I agree, though, in this situation, this is the kind of thing that can only be resolved by Apple if the user wishes to use that particular card.

My credit card was refused because of "too many Apple IDs associated with it."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.