Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

how to restore iPhone 7 to factory default

After update in itune my iPhone 7 can't turn on

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 11:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 12:44 PM

If the iPhone 7 will not power on, then there is no way to restore factory defaults to the iPhone. So, your first task will be to try to get the iPhone to power up.

Perform a Forced Restart on the phone. Follow the instructions very carefully, as this is a bit tricky. You may need to repeat this several times.

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

There are only 2 possible results when you perform a Forced Restart:

1) The phone returns to normal operation

or.....

2) There is a hardware problem with the phone that will need attention at the Apple Store (make an appointment) or at an authorized Apple Service shop

You can find an authorized service location by using this link: Find Locations

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2023 12:44 PM in response to VO1947

If the iPhone 7 will not power on, then there is no way to restore factory defaults to the iPhone. So, your first task will be to try to get the iPhone to power up.

Perform a Forced Restart on the phone. Follow the instructions very carefully, as this is a bit tricky. You may need to repeat this several times.

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

There are only 2 possible results when you perform a Forced Restart:

1) The phone returns to normal operation

or.....

2) There is a hardware problem with the phone that will need attention at the Apple Store (make an appointment) or at an authorized Apple Service shop

You can find an authorized service location by using this link: Find Locations

how to restore iPhone 7 to factory default

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.