You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How much extra does it cost to get an apple watch to display the date on the watch face?

I choose watch faces that show the date, but apple keeps deleting them. Does it cost extra for the option to choose a watch face that displays the date on an apple watch?

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 11:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 12:18 PM

Can you give an example of one of the watch faces that was deleted?

I personally have been using the Solar Dial face since my first Apple Watch. It's under the category 'Solar' in the gallery. I use the middle option, showing the passage of daylight with the digital hour in the middle. By default, it has the date in the upper right corner.

Also, in most faces, you can edit which "complications" show. For example:

• tap on your favorite of the existing faces in the Face Gallery
  • scroll down in the resulting page until you see "Complications"
  • tap on one of the positions where you'd like the date to show
  • scroll down in the resulting page until you see something related to the date, and select it; it should now appear on the watch face

Even if you find and adjust your complications to show the date, I'm sure getting your favorite watch faces deleted is totally disappointing!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 31, 2023 12:18 PM in response to jim.loughlin

Can you give an example of one of the watch faces that was deleted?

I personally have been using the Solar Dial face since my first Apple Watch. It's under the category 'Solar' in the gallery. I use the middle option, showing the passage of daylight with the digital hour in the middle. By default, it has the date in the upper right corner.

Also, in most faces, you can edit which "complications" show. For example:

• tap on your favorite of the existing faces in the Face Gallery
  • scroll down in the resulting page until you see "Complications"
  • tap on one of the positions where you'd like the date to show
  • scroll down in the resulting page until you see something related to the date, and select it; it should now appear on the watch face

Even if you find and adjust your complications to show the date, I'm sure getting your favorite watch faces deleted is totally disappointing!

How much extra does it cost to get an apple watch to display the date on the watch face?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.