Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Speak to write urdu language

Hello i have paid my new iPhone am Pakistani and i like speak to write urdu android have this option but know i come to ISO and there's no speak to write in urdu language i also installed Gbord and Gbord no have urdu language to. Add

How can i speak to write Urdu on iPhone?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 11:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 4:10 PM

iPhone can be set to Urdu (with English as fallback for when Urdu is not supported (apps, websites)).

Change the language on your iPhone - Apple Support

Add or change keyboards on iPhone - Apple Support

The keyboard language also sets the dictation language, if supported (does not include Urdu at this time).

After adding the relevant keyboard(s), see which languages among those are supported for dictation, and check|uncheck which ones you would use for dictation. Settings﹥General﹥Keyboards﹥Dictation Languages﹥…

Similarly, Siri is available in select countries and languages (and doesn’t include Urdu at this time). Settings﹥Siri & Search﹥Language﹥…

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2023 4:10 PM in response to zahidpak

iPhone can be set to Urdu (with English as fallback for when Urdu is not supported (apps, websites)).

Change the language on your iPhone - Apple Support

Add or change keyboards on iPhone - Apple Support

The keyboard language also sets the dictation language, if supported (does not include Urdu at this time).

After adding the relevant keyboard(s), see which languages among those are supported for dictation, and check|uncheck which ones you would use for dictation. Settings﹥General﹥Keyboards﹥Dictation Languages﹥…

Similarly, Siri is available in select countries and languages (and doesn’t include Urdu at this time). Settings﹥Siri & Search﹥Language﹥…

Speak to write urdu language

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.