How to disable clearing history on safari when screen time is turned on.

Previously clearing safari browsing history would be disabled when screen time was turned on. Now screen time is still turned on but you are able to clear the safari browsing history. Can this be made an option in screen time? To allow or not allow the clearing of Safari browsing history? I noticed this on iOS 16.6

iPhone 6s

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 11:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2023 10:02 AM

Same for me: swipe to delete still working with content restrictions on. So the clear button is grayed out, and history can’t be deleted wholesale from settings, but individual websites (and whole days) can be deleted with a swipe. This seems contradictory to using content controls to help a teen learn to use responsibly. Am I missing something?

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2023 10:02 AM in response to Melmel2016

Same for me: swipe to delete still working with content restrictions on. So the clear button is grayed out, and history can’t be deleted wholesale from settings, but individual websites (and whole days) can be deleted with a swipe. This seems contradictory to using content controls to help a teen learn to use responsibly. Am I missing something?

How to disable clearing history on safari when screen time is turned on.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.