Connecting VGA-monitor & Hard drive at Mac Mini M1 2020 using Apple USB-C-naar-VGA-multipoort-adapter

I have a Mac Min M1 2020 (Ventura) + a VGA monitor + G-Drive Hard Drive (G-Technology)

I intend to connect that monitor and the hard drive to a single USB Thunderbolt.

I want to use the Apple USB-C-naar-VGA-multipoort-adapter to attach both peripherals at the same time.

Hopefully they work both at the same time. (Both of course have their own mains adapter)

1. How and where to connect VGA is clear.
  2. But what port to use for the hard drive? The USB port on the left or the USB-A port on the right of the connector. See picture. I think it should be the USB-A. I have that USB-C to USB-A cable with the G-drive.
  3. Are there any problems to be expected? Anything I need to take care of? Anything wrong with my idea?
  4. Many thanks in advance!

Mac mini (M1, 2020)

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 4:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 4:31 PM

That should work fine.

see > Connect a display to Mac mini - Apple Support

The external drive can be plugged into either the USB-A or USB-A port on that adapter or into a port on the back of the Mac mini.

2 replies

Connecting VGA-monitor & Hard drive at Mac Mini M1 2020 using Apple USB-C-naar-VGA-multipoort-adapter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.