why are they declining my card?

everytime i try to register my card in payment and billing options in my iphone 11 pro, they keep being rejected

Posted on Aug 1, 2023 2:20 AM

7 replies

Aug 1, 2023 2:51 AM in response to harrold256

You’ll need to check with your bank and make sure the account is OK. You’ll also need to go back in and verify the number, expiration date and CVV security code. The code is usually on the back and 3 digits. Occasionally American Express uses 4 digits and they are on the front of the card.

To check the card information just tap the card. Now you’ll see an edit button in the top right corner if the screen, please tap it. Now you can edit the expiration date and CVV security code. The date is like this for today, 08/2023. Two digit month and 4 digit year. Just tap in the text field and you can add the numbers. Card number cannot be edited.

If you think the account number is wrong, try adding it again. If the message says that it’s already added, the number is correct.

You can also reach out to Apple Support. Please review the information in the support article I linked below. There is also a link at the bottom of the article to contact Apple Support for additional assistance.

If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

why are they declining my card?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.