Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Fast battery drain on iPhone 12pro

My iPhone 12 pro battery has been draining fast since the last updates. I thought it was the battery so I replaced the battery and it’s still getting hot and still draining fast. Is Apple deliberately doing this to force people to upgrade?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 1, 2023 11:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2023 11:08 AM

Changes in software such as upgrades may introduce new features which may add to power drain and heat generation. Check the Battery Health feature to see if there are apps or services running that use a lot of power. If there are, decide if you need them running all the time or can turn off a service when an app is in the background. Read this support article to learn about the battery health feature —> iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2023 11:08 AM in response to tinman63

Changes in software such as upgrades may introduce new features which may add to power drain and heat generation. Check the Battery Health feature to see if there are apps or services running that use a lot of power. If there are, decide if you need them running all the time or can turn off a service when an app is in the background. Read this support article to learn about the battery health feature —> iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

Fast battery drain on iPhone 12pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.