Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Unresponsive iPhone touch screen

i have iPhone 13 and whenever I lock the phone using the side button, the touch screen becomes unresponsive and I am not able to get out from Lock Screen using the swipe. If I let the phone auto lock after 30 seconds the phone screen is responsive to swipe after the faceid unlock. When phone is unresponsive the only way to fix the issue is to restart the phone using up/down volume and power button. This is very strange and happens only when the side lock button is pressed.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13

Posted on Aug 1, 2023 11:51 AM

3 replies

Jan 10, 2024 1:49 AM in response to Dex999_

Hello

This is exactly the same for whats happening to my iPhone 12 pro max, whenever I try to lock the scree with the side button, the touch screen become unresponsive, the same this happens when I tried locking the screen with assestive touch button

I have done several formats and reset to my iphone using Itunes, but never worked ( some times its fixed, but after several attept to loc, the problem comes back again)

I told apple diagnostics about it, and they diagnoses my iPhone and they told me that there isnt any problem with it, and told me to visit the nearest apple care service.

I went to the apple care certified service, and they told me its a software problem and it has no fix. And in order to fix my problem I have to pay them almost the price of my phone.

I was so upset with this condition and I dont know why apple cannot fix this problem with their iOS update.

Unresponsive iPhone touch screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.