My apple watch won't charge

Overnight my apple watch did not charge. I unplugged the charger and moved it to another outlet but it still will not charge. I tried to restart the watch and do a hard restart but it will not do either of those too.

Apple Watch Series 2, watchOS 5

Posted on Aug 1, 2023 12:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2023 1:29 PM

Your post indicates you have Apple Watch Series 2, which is now around 7 years old and the battery is probably a similar age. Apple expects its batteries to maintain >80% capacity after 500 charge/discharge cycles, and I am pretty sure your watch is way past that point so a battery failure is a strong possibility. However, don't abandon hope yet, see Apple's advice in

If your Apple Watch won't charge or it won't turn on - Apple Support

And note the last item to contact Apple Support if you can't get it working. The watch repair and service page Apple Watch Service & Repair - Apple Support indicates you may be able to get battery service if it has failed.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2023 1:29 PM in response to doctormund11

Your post indicates you have Apple Watch Series 2, which is now around 7 years old and the battery is probably a similar age. Apple expects its batteries to maintain >80% capacity after 500 charge/discharge cycles, and I am pretty sure your watch is way past that point so a battery failure is a strong possibility. However, don't abandon hope yet, see Apple's advice in

If your Apple Watch won't charge or it won't turn on - Apple Support

And note the last item to contact Apple Support if you can't get it working. The watch repair and service page Apple Watch Service & Repair - Apple Support indicates you may be able to get battery service if it has failed.

My apple watch won't charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.