Apple Watch

I got a new iPhone and I can’t pair my Apple Watch to it because I can’t remember the password I set my watch up with.

Apple Watch SE, watchOS 9

Posted on Aug 1, 2023 2:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2023 4:14 PM

Hey there guylah,

I understand that you are having problems with pairing your Watch with your iPhone because you forgot the code for you Watch.

Since you forgot the code, you need to reset your Watch.

How to reset your Apple Watch if you forgot your passcode

1. Put your watch on its charger and keep it there until you complete these steps.
  2. Press and hold the side button until you see the power button in the upper-right corner of the display.
  3. Press and hold the Digital Crown until you see Erase all content and settings.
  4. Tap Reset, then tap Reset again to confirm.
  5. Wait for the process to finish, then set up your Apple Watch again. When asked, restore from a backup.

How to set up Apple Watch?

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Hopefully this answer helped you,

Enjoy your day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2023 4:14 PM in response to guylah

Hey there guylah,

I understand that you are having problems with pairing your Watch with your iPhone because you forgot the code for you Watch.

Since you forgot the code, you need to reset your Watch.

How to reset your Apple Watch if you forgot your passcode

1. Put your watch on its charger and keep it there until you complete these steps.
  2. Press and hold the side button until you see the power button in the upper-right corner of the display.
  3. Press and hold the Digital Crown until you see Erase all content and settings.
  4. Tap Reset, then tap Reset again to confirm.
  5. Wait for the process to finish, then set up your Apple Watch again. When asked, restore from a backup.

How to set up Apple Watch?

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Hopefully this answer helped you,

Enjoy your day!

Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.