-1008f

My Macbook Air 2019 won't boot after trying to install OS Ventura. I have been trying internet recovery but keeps giving a -1008f code. I have tried to install various OS but keeps on giving me -1008f code. What should I do????

MacBook Air (2018 – 2020)

Posted on Aug 1, 2023 2:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2023 4:51 PM

that error can occur when your internet connection isn't sufficient for a macOS download. please see If your Mac starts up to error -1008F - Apple Support.

as well, are you attempting the download over wi-fi? when possible, you should perform macOS downloads with a wired ethernet connection. if this is not possible, (mac has no ethernet port) you should move the mac as close as possible to the router, and temporarily remove your other devices from the wi-fi. you need the most bandwidth going to the mac as you can get while downloading a macOS.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2023 4:51 PM in response to jaicen37

that error can occur when your internet connection isn't sufficient for a macOS download. please see If your Mac starts up to error -1008F - Apple Support.

as well, are you attempting the download over wi-fi? when possible, you should perform macOS downloads with a wired ethernet connection. if this is not possible, (mac has no ethernet port) you should move the mac as close as possible to the router, and temporarily remove your other devices from the wi-fi. you need the most bandwidth going to the mac as you can get while downloading a macOS.

-1008f

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.