why is my private device showing as a managed device?

ilMy private iphone and ipad are showing as a managed device. i am retired and definately do not have a managed device!?!

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 1, 2023 3:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2023 4:53 AM

Provide screen grabs of what it is that makes you think they’re managed if you can.

Did you purchase the devices from a reputable source or were they given to you? You’re now retired but did you use them at work ever? Have you connected to a large enterprise’s network recently?

8 replies

Aug 24, 2023 5:50 PM in response to Phil0124

I purchased it from Verizon wireless. No, I did not close this question!! Neighbor is a hacker and keeps wiping my iOS devices and downloading beta software!! It also shows I have a subscription for Apple Remote Desktop which I do not! Also shows I own a MacBook Pro!!! I do not!! I cannot contact Apple support as they have BLOCKED ME!!!!!

Aug 26, 2023 1:20 AM in response to L_M_B2022

I've read all your subsequent posts with interest and all it proves to me is your AppleID has been compromised. Best thing you can do now is sign out of all your devices - if you're able to; create a new AppleID with a much stronger password than one you used before, erase all your devices, sign back in again with your new AppleID and start again.

why is my private device showing as a managed device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.