Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

My new SE 2 watch's band on one side wiggles a little in its socket.

I bought my Apple SE 2 watch last week. Noticed an hour ago that its strap on one side wiggles a little in its socket. Is it normal, or is it a defect?

Apple Watch SE, watchOS 9

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 1:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 3:20 AM

It has to be slightly loose to be able to do an easy changeover.

Turn it over, press in the little silver button and slide out then put it back to get confident in its action.

The engineering tolerances at Apple are so close that it is unlikely to be a defect, but a trip to an Apple Store may put your mind at rest.

I recommend when cleaning or changing straps to power off the watch to avoid bogus passcode entry.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2023 3:20 AM in response to prommilac

It has to be slightly loose to be able to do an easy changeover.

Turn it over, press in the little silver button and slide out then put it back to get confident in its action.

The engineering tolerances at Apple are so close that it is unlikely to be a defect, but a trip to an Apple Store may put your mind at rest.

I recommend when cleaning or changing straps to power off the watch to avoid bogus passcode entry.

My new SE 2 watch's band on one side wiggles a little in its socket.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.