recovered emails

I deleted my Mac and reinstalled. I got a message that 8800 emails were recovered. How do i get rid of them?

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 6:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 11:40 AM

Look for a mailbox in the sidebar titled Recovered Messages (…) It might be at or near the bottom of the list.

Then you can select all in that mailbox and delete - also maybe deleting in smaller batches of around 1000 might be safer.

4 replies

Aug 2, 2023 10:43 AM in response to flifisher

Recovered from where? Where were they restored to? Were they stored on the email server? You say that you "deleted" the OS and restored it. I assume that it means that you first erased the OS. If so, there would have been nothing to restore as the email account would not have even been set up at that point. Please give us more information to evaluate as what you have presented is not helpful.

Aug 2, 2023 12:53 PM in response to flifisher

The mac is over 10 years old. I got an external hard drive and backed up the computer. I used disc utility to erase everything on the mac. I had Mojave 10.14.6. When I reversed the process I was nows using Catalina. ?? During this process my screen said recovering 8,800 emails. I don't know where they came from unless they were all the deleted emails over the years. This may be the reason the computer is running slow. Under mail I found recovered emails. I opened and deleted them but there were only a couple hundred. When I delete something is it still on the computer? How do i really get rid of it? The computer is still running slow. Im tired of looking at the spinning rainbow wheel. Help!!!

recovered emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.