my mac was compromised yesterday, do you have software to check for virus?

Hello, my mac was hacked and while I have checked for malware I would like to know if there is a software I can download to check for any viruses or malware?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 7:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 9:33 AM

See also:

Effective defenses against malware and ot… - Apple Community

8 replies

Aug 2, 2023 9:18 AM in response to martafromkaty

There is no malware that can SPONTANEOUSLY infect you well-protected Macintosh computer running currently-supported MacOS.

However, if you AUTHORIZED something to be installed (by Providing your admin password) checking is not nearly enough -- you need to completely ERASE, re-install MacOS, and re-import your files from backups.

¿so what happened to you?

¿did you authorize something to install?

Aug 2, 2023 10:18 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

My computer was taken by someone with the apple logo and a message with voice saying that my ip had been compromised to call apple support at the number below. I called and didn't sound like apple support so I followed my gut feeling and hang up while the man was asking questions. I checked with apple support last night who helped me checked all the the securities and for malware and we didn't find any. Just want to be extra cautious. I have changed all PW.

my mac was compromised yesterday, do you have software to check for virus?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.