Problem with unlocking Mac with Find My

So I opened my MacBook Pro, then it said it was locked by Find My. There was a 6-digit passcode saying I need to unlock it, but I forgot the code created and the device can’t be unlocked with another Apple device or Find My. I need questions

MacBook Pro (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 7:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 7:48 PM

datCoolPro101 wrote:

So I opened my MacBook Pro, then it said it was locked by Find My. There was a 6-digit passcode saying I need to unlock it, but I forgot the code created and the device can’t be unlocked with another Apple device or Find My.

I need questions

System lock PIN code

Your Mac asks for a PIN code when it has been remotely locked using Find My. Enter the four-digit or six-digit passcode to continue.

If you can't unlock your Mac

After you locate your Mac, you can unlock it by entering the passcode that you created when you locked it with Find My.

If you can't remember that passcode, you have three options:

• Sign in to iCloud.com/find, then select your Mac from the Devices menu. Select Unlock and follow the steps to verify your identity.
  • Unlock your Mac from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple Watch using your device passcode.
  • Take your Mac to an Apple Authorized Service Provider along with your proof of purchase.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2023 7:48 PM in response to datCoolPro101

datCoolPro101 wrote:

So I opened my MacBook Pro, then it said it was locked by Find My. There was a 6-digit passcode saying I need to unlock it, but I forgot the code created and the device can’t be unlocked with another Apple device or Find My.

I need questions

System lock PIN code

Your Mac asks for a PIN code when it has been remotely locked using Find My. Enter the four-digit or six-digit passcode to continue.

If you can't unlock your Mac

After you locate your Mac, you can unlock it by entering the passcode that you created when you locked it with Find My.

If you can't remember that passcode, you have three options:

• Sign in to iCloud.com/find, then select your Mac from the Devices menu. Select Unlock and follow the steps to verify your identity.
  • Unlock your Mac from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple Watch using your device passcode.
  • Take your Mac to an Apple Authorized Service Provider along with your proof of purchase.

Problem with unlocking Mac with Find My

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.