New Apple Mini

I just bought a new Apple Mac Mini and need to connect both a microphone and audio speaker. Thoughts on best way to do this?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 8:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 8:25 AM

There is just a single audio jack, so you can't have concurrent audio in and out on the same port. Consider a powered Bluetooth speaker, and use the single jack for the microphone, or a USB-A or USB-C dongle with a microphone jack for that purpose.

If my Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones are any proof, the Bluetooth audio is excellent, even when paired to a quality Bluetooth speaker instead.

My M2 mini Pro connects a Logitech C920 Pro camera to a USB-A hub solely for the microphone support and external headphone or speaker as described for audio clarity.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2023 8:25 AM in response to wheelerdeeler

There is just a single audio jack, so you can't have concurrent audio in and out on the same port. Consider a powered Bluetooth speaker, and use the single jack for the microphone, or a USB-A or USB-C dongle with a microphone jack for that purpose.

If my Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones are any proof, the Bluetooth audio is excellent, even when paired to a quality Bluetooth speaker instead.

My M2 mini Pro connects a Logitech C920 Pro camera to a USB-A hub solely for the microphone support and external headphone or speaker as described for audio clarity.

New Apple Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.