Numbers Can't add column before or after the column I want to expand to

on My MacBook Pro M2 on the NUMBERS app, all of a sudden I cannot expand to a new column either before or add one after. What went wrong???

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 8:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 11:56 AM

Can you add one or more columns to the right end of the table by selecting the table, then clicking the button indicated by the arrow?

If so, then after adding the column (named 'New" here) click to select its column reference tab, drag the column leftward to the desired position, and drop it into position.

Regards,

Barry

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2023 11:56 AM in response to Wayland

Can you add one or more columns to the right end of the table by selecting the table, then clicking the button indicated by the arrow?

If so, then after adding the column (named 'New" here) click to select its column reference tab, drag the column leftward to the desired position, and drop it into position.

Regards,

Barry

Jan 7, 2024 3:59 AM in response to Wayland

I have same problem - desktop Mac - Sonoma 14.1.2 - columns A, B, C, D:

Then for col E:

The "Add Column ..." is available but different in E than normal where they are in their own delimiters in that menu.

And beyond is normal. Also, the separator line between D and E is slightly more pronounced, as if Numbers has it partitioned A-D then beyond.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

gracelessAtom

Numbers Can't add column before or after the column I want to expand to

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.