I can’t delete my one payment method on Apple ID? I try to remove it but doesn’t ler me?

I have tried to delet my Apple ID payment several times now? I have one payment saved payment method! And I want to remove it but it won’t let me remove or won’t let me add a new payment method?

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 12:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 12:48 PM

You cannot remove the payment method you've on file if you've only have one payment method. Please try and add one before you try and delete the other. If you cannot add a payment method see this instructions

1. On your iPhone or iPad, open the Settings app.
  2. Tap your name.
  3. Tap Payment & Shipping.
  4. Add a different payment method and remove the old one
  5. Try to complete your purchase.

If you still can't make a purchase

If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2023 12:48 PM in response to Kristiangallares

You cannot remove the payment method you've on file if you've only have one payment method. Please try and add one before you try and delete the other. If you cannot add a payment method see this instructions

1. On your iPhone or iPad, open the Settings app.
  2. Tap your name.
  3. Tap Payment & Shipping.
  4. Add a different payment method and remove the old one
  5. Try to complete your purchase.

If you still can't make a purchase

If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Aug 2, 2023 12:48 PM in response to Kristiangallares

See this article about updating payment methods on various platforms (iPhone, Mac, etc.): If you need to change or update your Apple ID payment method - Apple Support

"If you change your address, the credit or debit card information that you use with your Apple ID might be automatically updated by your financial institution, and you don't need to take action. But if there's an issue [such as you having a subscription or being a Family Sharing Organizer], add a new card first, then remove the old card."

Here is how you update your payment method on an iPhone or iPad:

1. Open the Settings app.

2. Tap your name.

3. Tap Payment & Shipping. You might be asked to sign in with your Apple ID.

4. Tap Add Payment Method, enter the new payment method, then tap Done.

5. Tap Edit.

6. Tap the red delete button next to the old payment method, then tap Delete.

I can’t delete my one payment method on Apple ID? I try to remove it but doesn’t ler me?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.