How do I get into safe mode in a Mac mini M1?

I have a Mac Mini M1 running OS Ventura version 13.4.1, and how do I get into safe mode? I already tried but without success. What is the correct procedure to achieve this?

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 4:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 4:48 PM

"How do I get into safe mode in a Mac mini M1?: I have a Mac Mini M1 running OS Ventura version 13.4.1, and how do I get into safe mode? I already tried but without success. What is the correct procedure to achieve this?"

-------

Starting a M1 Mac in Safe Mode:

Go here: Start up your Mac in Safe Mode - Apple Support

Your Mac has a Silicon processor. So, perform as instructed here:

Screenshot:

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2023 4:48 PM in response to Sergio B Netto

"How do I get into safe mode in a Mac mini M1?: I have a Mac Mini M1 running OS Ventura version 13.4.1, and how do I get into safe mode? I already tried but without success. What is the correct procedure to achieve this?"

-------

Starting a M1 Mac in Safe Mode:

Go here: Start up your Mac in Safe Mode - Apple Support

Your Mac has a Silicon processor. So, perform as instructed here:

Screenshot:

Aug 3, 2023 6:22 AM in response to Sergio B Netto

if you are using a bluetooth keyboard such as the apple Magic Keyboard, it will sometimes not react quickly enough to "see" that you are trying to boot into safe mode.

if you are using a Magic Keyboard with rechargeable batteries, you should connect it to the Mac with it's charging cable.

if the keyboard doesn't use a charging cable, you can beg or borrow an USB keyboard from someone with which you can use to enter safe mode. a windows keyboard will work in a pinch.

How do I get into safe mode in a Mac mini M1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.