AirPod pro 2nd gen showing in find my but not chiming

So I just got a new phone I used to have the iPhone SE 2020 and I upgraded to iPhone 13 a couple days ago and I wanted to see if I could find my AirPod pro 2 and so I connected them to my new phone and set it up in find my and when I press on them it says they are at my neighbors house when they are sitting next to me on my bed and they also are not chiming when it says the sound is pending I have turned off find my for ten minutes and turned it back on I have disconnected them from my phone multiple times and it still does not work but I can find them fine on my iPad that I have had for years someone pls let me know what to do

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 7:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 7:45 PM

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with finding your AirPods on your new iPhone 13. Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the problem:

1. Make sure your AirPods are charged: Ensure that your AirPods have sufficient battery power to respond to the Find My requests.
  2. Check Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connections: Make sure that Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are enabled on your iPhone, as Find My relies on these connections to locate your AirPods.
  3. Reset network settings: Sometimes, resetting your network settings can help resolve connectivity issues. To do this, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Keep in mind that this will reset all network-related settings on your iPhone, so you'll need to set up Wi-Fi connections again.
  4. Update iOS: Ensure that your iPhone is running the latest version of iOS. Sometimes, software updates can fix bugs and improve device compatibility.
  5. Check AirPods firmware: Make sure your AirPods are running the latest firmware version. To do this, make sure they are connected to your iPhone, go to Settings > General > About > AirPods, and check the "Firmware Version."
  6. Refresh Find My: Go to Settings > [Your Name] > Find My > Find My iPhone and toggle it off and on again.
  7. Test on another device: To ensure the issue is not specific to your iPhone, try using Find My to locate your AirPods on another Apple device, such as your iPad.
  8. Contact Apple Support: If the issue persists, reach out to Apple Support for further assistance. They can provide specific troubleshooting steps or guide you through potential solutions.

Remember that technology can sometimes have unexpected issues, and it's not uncommon for new devices to experience initial hiccups. With the right steps and support, you should be able to resolve the problem and continue using your AirPods with your new iPhone 13.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2023 7:45 PM in response to edie216

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with finding your AirPods on your new iPhone 13. Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the problem:

1. Make sure your AirPods are charged: Ensure that your AirPods have sufficient battery power to respond to the Find My requests.
  2. Check Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connections: Make sure that Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are enabled on your iPhone, as Find My relies on these connections to locate your AirPods.
  3. Reset network settings: Sometimes, resetting your network settings can help resolve connectivity issues. To do this, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Keep in mind that this will reset all network-related settings on your iPhone, so you'll need to set up Wi-Fi connections again.
  4. Update iOS: Ensure that your iPhone is running the latest version of iOS. Sometimes, software updates can fix bugs and improve device compatibility.
  5. Check AirPods firmware: Make sure your AirPods are running the latest firmware version. To do this, make sure they are connected to your iPhone, go to Settings > General > About > AirPods, and check the "Firmware Version."
  6. Refresh Find My: Go to Settings > [Your Name] > Find My > Find My iPhone and toggle it off and on again.
  7. Test on another device: To ensure the issue is not specific to your iPhone, try using Find My to locate your AirPods on another Apple device, such as your iPad.
  8. Contact Apple Support: If the issue persists, reach out to Apple Support for further assistance. They can provide specific troubleshooting steps or guide you through potential solutions.

Remember that technology can sometimes have unexpected issues, and it's not uncommon for new devices to experience initial hiccups. With the right steps and support, you should be able to resolve the problem and continue using your AirPods with your new iPhone 13.

AirPod pro 2nd gen showing in find my but not chiming

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.