Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

colour temperature changes on netflix in safari

the colour in netflix changes like every 5 seconds in full screen mode and it doesn’t do it in window mode. i have a macbook and it only affects netflix on safari. please fix this:(

MacBook Pro 13″

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 9:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 9:52 PM

hehe12 Said:

"colour temperature changes on netflix in safari: the colour in netflix changes like every 5 seconds in full screen mode and it doesn’t do it in window mode. i have a macbook and it only affects netflix on safari. please fix this:("

-------

Troubleshooting a Netflix and Safari:

A. Try Safe Mode:

While in Safe Mode, try using this browser. In Safe Mode, login items do not run, and corrupt system files(i.e. caches) are intentionally reset as a way to fix issues.

1. Boot: in to Safe Mode: [Hold Down: shift key upon boot].
  2. Log in: as same user
  3. Try: this once more
  4. Restart the Mac Normally
  5. Try: this once more

B. Single-Out this User:

Try an Admin new user, see if you do not get this occur while in it. If so, then it is an issue with the configuration of the current user. If not, then it is an issue with the entire Mac.

C. Reinstall the macOS:

Nothing would be deleted. It's just that items that have become corrupted or deleted, would be replaced or reinstalled back to where they should be. Go Here: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support.Important: Be certain to create a backup of your Mac prior to performing the reinstall. That way, you can have something to restore from the Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reinstall. Once reinstalled, try this once more, seeing if you still get this error.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2023 9:52 PM in response to hehe12

hehe12 Said:

"colour temperature changes on netflix in safari: the colour in netflix changes like every 5 seconds in full screen mode and it doesn’t do it in window mode. i have a macbook and it only affects netflix on safari. please fix this:("

-------

Troubleshooting a Netflix and Safari:

A. Try Safe Mode:

While in Safe Mode, try using this browser. In Safe Mode, login items do not run, and corrupt system files(i.e. caches) are intentionally reset as a way to fix issues.

1. Boot: in to Safe Mode: [Hold Down: shift key upon boot].
  2. Log in: as same user
  3. Try: this once more
  4. Restart the Mac Normally
  5. Try: this once more

B. Single-Out this User:

Try an Admin new user, see if you do not get this occur while in it. If so, then it is an issue with the configuration of the current user. If not, then it is an issue with the entire Mac.

C. Reinstall the macOS:

Nothing would be deleted. It's just that items that have become corrupted or deleted, would be replaced or reinstalled back to where they should be. Go Here: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support.Important: Be certain to create a backup of your Mac prior to performing the reinstall. That way, you can have something to restore from the Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reinstall. Once reinstalled, try this once more, seeing if you still get this error.

colour temperature changes on netflix in safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.